Kindly typed up for the website by Pat Tritton
In The Chancell. Index of Names and Places
1. On a Monument on the N. Wall. Hic situs est Vir Reverendus Pastor hujus Ecclesiae dignissimus Henricus WADDELL Naturâ, facili, modesta, fideli; Moribus bonis, simplicibus, incorruptus; In Clerici Munere obenndo, sedulus ac vigilans; Legis Christianae, quam peritè explicabat, Cultor ipse studiosus: cum quâ, ut et aliorum Mores congruerent, et sui summâ non sine Voluptate, laboravit. Nec, sanè, absimilem Vitae Rationem instituit Vir ille egregius, ac piè munificus Robertus WYBORNE; cujus copiosissimâ in hanc Vicariam Largitione, primus Hic idq dignissimè fruebatur. Par, enim, in utroque, Numinis Reverentia. Par erat promovendae Pietatis, Cura. Fas, igitur, sit, carissima eorum Nomina, simul ac Landes in Posteritatis Exemplum Hoc Marmore eodem, commemorare. Obijt 16 Julij 1729. Aetat: 41.
2. One flat stone without Inscription.
In The North Chancell.
3. On a Flat Stone. Here lieth interred The Body of John RAYNOLDS the elder, Yeoman, who died the 14th Day of December Anno Dom. 1630.
In The South Isle.
4. On an Altar Tomb, against The South Wall. Here lyeth The Body of Ann HOUGHAM, Daughter of Edward JOY – who died A.D. 1677 Anno Aetatis 55.
5. On a Flat Stone. Here lieth The Body of Michael HOUGHAM, Son of Henry Housham who died A.D. 1679. Anno Aetatis 61.
6. This Church consists of the Great, and North, Chancells; The Body, and 2 Side Isles. In the Steeple, which stands at the West End of the Body, hang 5 Bells, all made by R. PHELPS, 1712.
In The Church Yard.
7. Altar Tombs, for HARISON, 1676 AND 1678. PEMBROKE of Canterbury 1731 and 1752. PETT 1657 – and 2 Others, wch. seem very anct. without Inscription. Headstones, etc. for ALLEN, ANDREW, BROWN, ELSTED, JOHNSON, KNIGHT, MOOR, PARAMORE, RICHARDSON, SHRUBSOLE, WIDGMAR and WRAITH.
8. This Church was dedicated to St. Mildred. It is in the Patronage of the Church of Canterbury.
9. The present Vicar is The Revd. Mr Peter VALAVINE 1760.
10. In a Gravel Pit, in this Parish, near Golder’s Bridge, some Silver Coins, as Harris informs us, were found by one TIDDEMAN, a Quaker … but he does not say, of what sort, or when they were discover’d.