Kindly typed up for the website by Pat Tritton
1. Of BREDE – on a Brass Plate, on a Flat Stone – in 1444. Index of Names and Places
2. Of ALAYN (ut videtur) on a Brass Plate on a Flat Stone – in 1473.
3. Of BOTTHALS (ut videtur) on a Brass Plate, on a Flat Stone – in 1505.
4. Of MEADMAN, GOULSONN, and GOLD, on a Brass Plate on a Flat Stone – in 1629.
5. Of Christopher BARLEY in 1605, on a Flat Stone in ye Chancel.
6. Of Edward GONESTON, Clerk, and Margaret, his Wife, on an Atcheiv’ment, at ye South Side of ye Communion Table in 1686.
7. Of John TYLER, Commander of ye Ship, Anne and Grace, in 1702, on a flat Stone.
8. The Two following Atcheivements hang on Each Side of ye East Window of ye Side Isle. [Az. a fess embattd. betw. 3 molets of 5 or. PARAMORE. This is ye Arms of Paramore. PARAMORE imp. Gu. a ln. rt. gu. (sic), on a chief sa. 3 scallops or. (Note by B.F. re. the 1st coat, on 7b. I think they shd. be estoils – B.F.).
9. On ye Back of ye King’s Arms, wch. bear Date 1692, are ye following Escucheons painted. Az. a pall or (sic) with 4 crosses sa. imp. Sa. on a chevn. arg. 2 crosses paty fitchy (Cant.ut supra) imp. Gu. a chevn. betw. 3 pears or. Arch Bishop ABBOT. *I take this Coat to have been designed for that of Arch Bishop LAUD; who bore, for his Paternal Arms, sable, on a chevron Or, between 3 Stars, as many Crosses Patée Fitchée, Gules.
10. Here is a very ancient carved and gilded Font, wch. was new painted in 1605, as also a fine Piece of Wainscot Ceiling over ye Pulpit, neatly gilded, and adorn’d with ye Arms of Arch Bishops, Etc.
11. Here are many more Flat Gravestones, wch. have been formerly adorn’d with Brass, wch. is lost.
12. The Church is not large, but neat; and has a Tower Steeple, in wch. are 6 Musical *Bells, wch. were all new cast in ye Year 1730. *The Bells weigh in all but 31c. 1q. 00l.
13. The Church is dedicated to All Saints. The Present Incumbent is ye Rev’d Mr. …./ PATTIN 1756. Lord BOLINGBROKE is Lord of ye Mannor.