Maidstone Museum & Bentlif Art Gallery
St. Faith's Street, Maidstone
Click on the icon to search the library database.
Usage of images held within the KAS Collection
No fee will be charged for private study, charitable purposes or academic use of images available on the catalogue. Some restrictions apply. ‘Use’ covers publications, display and broadcast in various media, including books, journals, scholarly publications, brochures, posters, free classes or lectures, personal websites, blogs of a primarily informative or academic purpose and non-commercial websites.
- Non-commercial websites are defined having no advertisements or monetary transactions taking place. Websites of registered charities are also defined as non-commercial.
- Creative Commons Attribution, Non-commercial, No Derivates (CC BY-NC-ND) licence terms apply.
- Images used on websites should be 72dpi.
- Images will be labelled with the appropriate credit and indicate material is ‘Courtesy of the Kent Archaeological Society’.
- Images will not be modified or transformed in any manner.
- The KAS Library will be presented with a copy of any work in which collection material appears.
A Copyright Declaration Form must be completed and returned to the KAS. Please email the Librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
The Library is managed by volunteers who attend on Wednesdays and Thursdays. If you would like to visit on those days please email the Librarian directly.
Procedures for members visiting the Library at other times are as follows (the calendar below is not always up to date so please be aware that others may be in the library when you arrive):
- Email the Maidstone Museum and tell them when you are visiting - MuseumInfo@maidstone.gov.uk.
- When you arrive, check in at the Museum Front Desk
- When walking through the Museum wear a face mask
- In the Library, sign the Library book. Please keep to social distancing protocols within the library and clean your desk space when when you leave
Thank-you for your co-operation.
Parking is not permitted in the Museum Car Park. Collection and delivery is possible but you must leave the site immediately thereafter.