Kent Archives and Local History
Lunchtime Talks Series, Summer/Autumn 2019
All talks are timed between 1.00 p.m. and 2.00 p.m. in the Archives Search Room of the Kent History and Library Centre, James Whatman Way, MAIDSTONE ME14 1LQ.
N.B. the Archives Search Room is CLOSED on Mondays andanyone interested in attending a talk should note that it will not be possible for us to produce documents or provide search room facilities on the day, whether before, during or after the talks
- 10th June Claire Bartram (Canterbury Christ Church University), '”Bookishness”: Writing, Sharing and Collecting Books in Early Modern Kent’.
- 24th June Deborah Collins (freelance historian), ‘From Workhouse to Hospital - The Changing Role of the Workhouse’.
- 15th July Mark Connelly (University of Kent), ‘Ypres: transforming a Belgian city into an outpost of the British Empire, 1919-1939’.
- 29th July Liz Finn (Kent History and Library Centre), ‘The Orchard Family: Loss, Heartbreak and Remembrance’.
- 9th September Peter Clarke (University of Southampton), ‘Clergy and Criminal Violence in later medieval Kent’.
- 21st October James Lloyd (Kent History and Library Centre), ‘The White Horse of Kent’.
- 28th October Paul Cullen (English Place-Name Society), ‘Kent Inn Names’.